Electrical Insulating Boot/Shroud (Insulshroud)
Long-term solution to reduce or eliminate power outages caused by wildlife
Insulshroud is flexible electrical insulating boot / shroud, made from specially formulated Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material to provide excellent electrical insulation and to with stand higher operating temperature continuously.
This is designed to prevent electrocution of bird and animal wildlife and the resulting incidence of power outages. The ability to mould to any size of shape in any quantity with low tooling cost and quick delivery gives an enormous range of applications in the electrical industries.
General Properties :
- UL Certified, file no. E335936
- High Di-electric strength.
- UV & Ozone protected for extended life.
- High insulation factors.
- Extreme temperature resistance.
- Many standard size available from stock.
- Available in Gray, Red or Black colour.
- Very cost effective.
- Complete with fastners.
- Customized design possible for any shapes or connections.
- Offers protection against flash over / short circuit.
- Installed, removed or replaced safely & easily.
Why Insulshroud :
- Design assistance and CAD drawings.
- In-house tool & die shop.
- In-house formulation lab.
- In-house Mechanical & Electrical testing upto 50kV.
- Dielectric Strength
- 12 KV / mm. (min.)
- ASTM D149
- Tensile Strength
- 12 N / mm2 (min.)
- ASTM D638
- 350% (min.)
- ASTM D638
- 1.23 gm / cm3
- ASTM D792
- 65 ± 5 shore A
- ASTM D2240
- Continuous Operating Temp
- -40°C to 115°C
- IEC 216
- UL 94-V0